Acute Sport Injuries / Sports First Aid
1.Quick and accurate diagnosis
2.Early acute sports injury care, professional advice and education
3.Referral for X-rays, ultrasound or MRI scans to confirm your diagnosis.
Strapping tape and Supportive taping is commonly used to:
- relieve your pain –
- improve joint stability –
- enhance athlete confidence –
- reduce injury recurrence -prevent injury.
Rigid strapping tape commonly used in taping or strapping is often referred to as “sports tape” or “athletic tape” and is most often a rigid style of strapping tape. Elastic strapping tape can also be used when less rigidity or support is required. Aims of Strapping Tape After your assessment, your therapist will design your optimal taping to best meet your current needs
These can include:
- stabilize or support the injury
- pain-relief via a de-loading of the vulnerable or painful structures
- or to facilitate normal movement, muscles or postural patterns.