Deep tissue massage is one form of massage therapy that focuses on the deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue in the body. Some of the same strokes as classic massage therapy may be used, but the movement is generally slower and the pressure will be deeper and concentrated on the areas where the patient feels tension and pain.
Deep Tissue massage treatment can be used to:
- Break up scar tissue adhesion
- Assist in lymphatic drainage.
- Stimulate blood circulation.
- Mobilize the soft tissues in the body
- Helps to improve flexibility, range and freedom of joint movement